As part of Stella McCartney’s growing ethical business efforts, the Autumn Winter collection features a limited edition, Halloween themed ‘Arlo’ t-shirt to benefit the PADEM (Programmes d'Aide et de Développement destinés aux Enfants du Monde) charity. Made from organic cotton, the t-shirt features a bright orange Stella logo pumpkin print and is packaged in its own matching fabric bag. A percentage of sales will go to support PADEM’s efforts to fund the schooling of girls in the Kibera slum in Kenya with the goal of adding new classrooms, making more books available to students and helping the school in becoming self-sufficient.
For more information about PADEM visit www.padem.org
It’s as forward moving as those who define it. Porsche Design Sport is a collaboration between Porsche Design and adidas, fusing leading-edge sport performance technology with a sophisticated, minimalist point of view that defines a new era of engineered luxury sportswear. The collection includes apparel, footwear and accessories in the categories of Driving, Golf, Gym, Running and Snow.
For Fall/Winter 2013, Porsche Design enters a new era by launching its first-ever women’s sport collection in the categories of All Season Sports, Gym and Snow. Every piece combines exclusive materials, performance-enhanced details and meticulous craftsmanship, creating a signature look that is cutting-edge, modern and timeless. Engineered luxury sportswear - now also for women.
The Fall/Winter 2013 sport collection is available at the Porsche Design boutique at The Shops at Crystals.
Our first two brands, Balenciaga and Lanvin, to show this season at Paris Fashion Week, couldn’t have been more different in their stylistic approach to designs, representing both ends of the trend spectrum for Spring 2014.
In his second round as the Creative Director for Balenciaga, Alexander Wang presented his Spring 2014 Collection using the structured classic shapes that the brand is known best for, while introducing floral patterns and pastel-colors, an outside of the box twist for the brand. The tapered silhouettes reflected in the cropped tops and peplum pants, all stemming from woven fabrics with molded leather accents, gave the street-wear designs a feminine contemporary spin. “The idea was to start strong and austere, and let that unravel,” said Wang.
In contrast to the soft and ultra-feminine collection that Balenciaga presented, Alber Elbaz pushed the envelope with Lanvin’s Spring 2014 Collection with his metallic, lamé and satin fabric selections. The show’s pale green, peach, raspberry and maroon color palette was softly embellished with crystals to add a more va-va-voom effect. "I never thought of myself as rebellious. I do think about what people want. People look for a dream and for fantasy in fashion," said Elbaz.
For more of our favorite looks from Paris Fashion Week, make sure to visit our Pinterest page.
Just like that, another batch of gorgeous Spring 2014 ready-to-wear collections hit the runway and leaving us wanting more. With Milan Fashion Week coming to a close, we reflect on our five favorite trends from Italy:
1. Sporty Chic - With the sporty trend already embraced during New York Fashion Week, Milan designers focused on adding a more athletic touch to an already feminie look. Case in point, Prada adding a sporty detail like leg warmers while Emilio Pucci adds sparkley details and feminine shapes to sporyt wardrobe basics.
2. 3D Florals - Florals for spring and summer is nothing new but Milan fashion designs Dolce & Gabbana ad Marni fully embraced the trend that will blossom all season long!
3. Let’s Rock! - Milan Fashion Week pushed the envelope with a rocker chic looks for spring and summer featuring fringe, leather and of course sexy cut outs. Versace and Roberto Cavalli lead the pack wth these gorgeous yet daring looks.
4. Bling - One of the biggest trends we saw for spring/summer 2014 was the use of embellishments. Each collection impressive us more and more as the week progressed as designers seem to follow the same philosophy when it came to bling–go big or go home.
5. Bold Hues - As always, spring runways are full of light and bright colors and this season is no exception. Several of our famed Italian designers are playing up the punch and injecting color in a big way just like Fendi and Gucci!
For more of our favorite looks from Milan Fashion Week, make sure to visit our Pinterest page.
As the first big awards ceremony since the spring/summer 2014 runway shows kicked off earlier this month, the Emmys offered one of the first opportunities to see the collections off the catwalks and showcased on the red carpet. We countdown our favorite looks from television's biggest night, from black tie looks we want to see renewed to the sultry yet classic atelier gowns we cannot live without.
Check out all of our favorite looks on our Pinterest page.