New York Fashion Week has arrived, and with the Spring 2014 collections are hitting the runways. We're kicking off the celebration with our top 5 facts you should know:
1. You can tell it's New York Fashion Week by the style of the strut. Runway models actually walk differently depending on the city. In New York City, models generally walk in a quick, staccato style, whereas Paris Fashion Week models move more slowly and smoothly.
2. The same person, Ruth Finley, has been in charge of New York Fashion Week's calendar for the past 65 years. Ruth has been compiling all of of New York Fashion Week's events into one comprehensive guide — from the runway shows themselves, to after parties, and more recently, livestreams — since 1945.
3. You cannot buy tickets. Space is so tight, New York Fashion Week's tickets typically only go to celebrities, editors and fashion industry insiders; the whose who of fashion.
4. Designers pay for their own fashion shows. At Lincoln Center, the cost of just renting the venue ranges from around $15,000 - $50,000. And that doesn't include the cost of hiring stylists, makeup artists, hair stylists, and everything else that goes into making a runway show look effortless.
5. Runways are designed to acommodate the number of VIP's in attendance - not the other way around.
New York Fashion Week begins September 5th and runs until September 12th. Make sure to tune in for all the upcoming Spring 2014 trends of the season!
For more information: http://huff.to/1cFKrTn
The Met Gala is a glamorous arena for high fashion; the event of the season, the Oscars of fashion. With the theme noted as "Punk: Chaos to Couture" we expected nothing but chain-wearing, lip-piercing, eye-lining counterculture movements of the seventies and eighties. Even the evening's hair and make-up featured a predominance of punk touches.
As stated by the Met curator, Andrew Bolton, "Fashion is to provoke, to confront, to react."
Here are our top 10 looks of the night...
For more pictures please visit our Pinterest page... http://pinterest.com/crystalslv/met-gala-2013/
The excitement is almost too much to handle. In case you don’t have the schedules memorized, here’s a refresher for you.
New York: Feb. 9 – 16
London: Feb. 17 – 22
Milan: Feb. 22 – 28
Paris: Feb. 28 – March 8