As the first big awards ceremony since the spring/summer 2014 runway shows kicked off earlier this month, the Emmys offered one of the first opportunities to see the collections off the catwalks and showcased on the red carpet. We countdown our favorite looks from television's biggest night, from black tie looks we want to see renewed to the sultry yet classic atelier gowns we cannot live without.
Check out all of our favorite looks on our Pinterest page.
With London Fashion Week officially coming to a close, it’s time to reflect on our 6 favorite trends of the past week:
1. Feminine Florals – Bold graphic motifs gave floral prints an updated modern feel. Oversized florals were spotlighted in Paul Smith’s collection.
2. Peek-a-boo Designs – Sheer chiffon layers, masked skirts and glittering bodices hinting at what lies beneath
3. Opposites Attract – Tom ford offered skin-tight, sensual shapes crafted to empower women while Paul Smith went with a fresh, clean, crisp all white collection.
4. Shine On – Tom Ford’s curve-hugging mosaic designs presented a modern and flattering twist on the traditional blingy styles of past seasons.
5. A Classic Reinvented – A staple for almost every fashion season, Tom Ford reinvented the Bomber Jacket by emphasizing the shoulders and adding leather detailing.
6. Color, Color, Color – Paul Smith’s Spring collection came alive with opulent and vibrant colors paired with the classic tailored silhouettes that the brand is known best for.
For more of our favorite looks from London Fashion Week, make sure to visit our Pinterest page: http://www.pinterest.com/crystalslv/
You can help but think of perfection when someone brings up Tom Ford. So it’s no surprise that he has done it again, this time with his beauty line. I could tell you all about the line and what I think of it, but I think it’s better if it comes straight from Tom.
“I believe that beauty comes from expressing your personality. Cosmetics should help you amplify your individuality and showcase something unique about yourself and your style.
This collection is a complete wardrobe of lush, sexy color for eyes, lips and nail, complexion-perfecting makeup and high performance skin treatments. I created it so that a woman could highlight her most beautiful features, enhance the architecture of her face, and make the look she loves – one that tells the world who she is with maximum impact. These products are luxurious; they are sensuous, and they allow for a spectrum of personal expression, from subtle to bold.” – Tom Ford
Couldn’t have said it better myself.